Architectural Technology is an Accredited Profession. The high level of architectural education achieved by Accredited Architectural Technologists qualify them for responsible positions within the industry, executing the safe design and management of construction projects. As a self regulating professional Association, the AATO’s function is to:
- Provide Architectural Technologists within this province with an Association which advances profession, increases their professional knowledge, skill and grants them Accreditation with the Province of Ontario.
- Foster the attainment of quality and competence in the field of Architectural Technology.
- Encourage continual upgrading to remain current with constantly changing technology.
- Establish, maintain and enforce strict rules of ethical conduct for the members of the Association in the field of Architectural Technology.
- Inform the public in a suitable and ethical manner of the purpose and aims of the Association.
- Promote a harmonious relationship among members in order to stimulate the development of the Association and enhance its public reputation.
New & Noteworthy!
AATO OFFICE RELOCATION NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS
The AATO has purchased a new property located at 7611 Pine Valley Drive in Vaughan, Ontario L4L 0A2.
The new office closed on October 4, 2016 and was built approximately in 2005
with 2 storeys, approximate total square footage of 2650 sq. ft. (1325 per floor). It is a commercial condominium development
and neighbouring properties consist of offices, various businesses, retail, restaurants, etc.
The Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario is inviting accredited AATO members in good standing
from qualified companies for the renovation and construction of the new office.
This is a “design-build” proposal and the designer and builder will be
AATO members interested in submitting an RFP.
Expected date of RFP communication to be determined.